Safety & Security
We take safety and security seriously at KeyLime Cove Waterpark Resort
The best trained staff in paradise!
One thing you don’t have to worry about packing for your KeyLime Cove family adventure is peace of mind. We’ve included that with each and every package. You can roam-assured and rest-assured that you and your children are in the safest possible environment at our Gurnee, Illinois hotel.
Our Lost Paradise Waterpark is always staffed with Ellis and Associates certified lifeguards, which means they are trained in lifesaving skills, personal safety, CPR, Aquatic First Aid, and emergency procedures. Both in towers and on the ground, our lifeguards are everywhere at all times making sure there isn’t a single splash at KeyLime Cove that goes unmonitored.
As for the rest of KeyLime Cove’s 65,000 square feet, relax and enjoy. Children under the age of 16 need to be supervised while in the waterpark. Wristbands must be worn at all times while enjoying Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark.
Facts you should know about the KeyLime Cove Lifeguard team:
- Team consists of 160-200 lifeguards.
- They are required to exceed the highest physical fitness standards in the lifeguard industry.
- All staff lifeguards are licensed by a national agency in Vigilance Awareness Training which teaches teammates how to scan crowded areas and see any individual who might be in distress and react to the swimmer immediately.
- Before being licensed to serve KeyLime Cove swimmers, each guard undergoes over 40 hours of additional training over a 5 day period.
- Each lifeguard faces continual testing to meet staff standards, including recognition drills to identify different body sizes among swimmers.
- Mannequins are placed in the pools and guards must be able to recognize the body size within 10 seconds and reach it within 20 seconds. The training is continual and orchestrated under senior managers.
- Any lifeguard who fails to meet any of the continued training standards is pulled out of duty and required to be retrained.
- Each lifeguard is fully certified to administer CPR and first aid for adults, children and infants.
- The staff lives by a “Propelling Us Forward” program which is aimed at not only lifting the professional standards day by day and guard by guard, but also building esprit de corps among the safety force. For example, among the daily focus points is “I Take Pride in Keeping Paradise Clean.” The program builds accountability and team work.
- Lifeguards are audited by Jeff Ellis & Associates 4 times per year. These audits are unannounced, so we always need to be on our toes.